- Develop a comprehensive workforce strategy to address the emerging workforce needs of Athens and the surrounding counties. ("Emerging workforce" refers to young people such as k-12 students. It is also refers to our future workforce.)
- Develop a comprehensive workforce strategy to address the current workforce needs of Athens and the surrounding communities.
- Develop a comprehensive career education policy to support current and future workforce needs. This policy has to be jointly developed and owned by the following institutions: Athens-Clarke County School System, Athens Area Chamber of Commerce, Athens Clarke County Unified Government, University of Georgia, Athens Technical College, and local Service Providers.
- Develop an initiative to help assure that all recommendations from PPA will be pursued and that there will be all appropriate advocacy to assure implementation of the recommendations.
Related recommendations from other working sessions/website:
- Set up trades schools to provide students with the chance to learn trades and skills.
- Have the city employ persons who have recently been released from jail to help provide community improvements. Reform for prisoners could be tied into other business opportunities. Diversion Centers could be part of this strategy. (i.e. Jobs for Life)
- Provide strategies to address the needs of those who have gone to prison. Develop strategies, including workforce strategies, to reduce the recidivism rate.